The first phase of the Mercer Redesign, launched in December 2015, had two main goals:
- Introduce the New Design to Top Level sites and select Schools and Colleges
- Install CommonSpot 10
While the installation of the New Design and CommonSpot 10 minimally impacted non-responsive sites, there are a few minor changes that users should be aware of, as familiarity with them will help navigate the transition of thier sites to the New Design; specifically, things you should be aware of and may need to correct include:
- Tree Navigation
- Element Changes and name changes
- In addition to a fancy new Rich Text editor, we've added and upgraded several Elements; read a little about them and contact Help Desk if you can't figure out what you're missing.
- Layout options
- To assist all sites in migrating to the New Design, we have removed the option for a 3-column layout. If you create a new page or change the layout from 3-columns to 2-columns, you won't be able to change it back, so just be careful!
- General Weirdness (Things that we're 99.99% sure are ok, but a cursory check from you could go a long way)
- ??? (You tell us! If you see something wrong, let us know via the Help Desk!)
To see the new changes on your web browser, you may need to clear your cache. For information on how to clear your cache depending on what browser and Operating System you're using, read more in this article provided by the IT Help Desk.
As always, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact our team via the Help Desk.