Create a page
Before you create a new page within your website, let's answer a few questions:
- Do you know who your audience is?
- Think about the content you want on this page. Is this same/similar content available elsewhere within your site already?
- If this content is not available elsewhere within your site, where do you think it should belong (under and adjacent to which pages)?
- Is where you want it to belong a logical location that readers will have an easy time finding?
- Is this something that can stand alone, or does it need to be a part of a group of pages a
Get more information about creating a Site in general here.
Once you've ironed out what content you want on a page and where you would like for it to be found, you are ready to officially create your page. You can do this by:
- Selecting New>Page from the grey CommonSpot toolbar
- Choose the Subsite/Folder you wish for that page to be housed under
- Identify the Template you wish to use for this page by searching for the name of your subsite in the given block. Choose carefully, this selection cannot be changed.
- In the "Create New Page" window, fill out the information as completely as possible
- The yellow circle with a black down arrow will take what you filled in the block to the left and populate the blocks underneath.
- Descriptions and Keywords are not required, but are highly recommended as their presence (and accuracy) can help boost Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- The Custom Properties menu allows you to make minor modifications to the page you're creating. Try selecting and unselecting each option to see what works best for you!
- Click "Save", and your page is ready to be put to work - learn more about editing pages and elements available.